CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Easter!

We didn't neglect Easter this year although I was seriously tempted being 9 months pregnant.  Our family has arranged for the Easter Bunny to make his visit on Saturday morning so that Sunday can be focused on the Savior and His glorious resurrection.  I usually don't make a very big deal about the Easter bunny, in fact people we'd run into at the store and at the dr.'s office started asking the kids if they were excited about the Easter bunny coming well before I even pulled out our Easter decorations.

Anyway, Carl had to go on a Scout campout Friday night so I simplified things and instead of a basket full of goodies for each of the boys, I decided the Easter bunny would only give 1 basket and it would be to the family.  After the boys went to bed I filled the basket and left it on the couch for the boys to find in the morning and find it they did.  After showering in the morning, I came out to find plastic grass strewn all over the floor and the candy necklaces already half gone.  The kitchen revealed the Tyler had remembered where I put the Reese's Pieces and there was a bowl of them that had been emptied half on the counter and half on the floor.  They were pretty much wired for the entire day.  Thank goodness next year I won't be fighting the inner bowling ball and maybe I can direct the affairs of Easter a little better. :)

0 comments: